Popcorn time iOS is a popular way to watch TV and movies online, for free. It’s increasing popularity means it has expanded from being a Windows program, with versions now available for Mac, Linux, Android and now, iOS.
Popcorn Time iOS Info:
Popcorn Time is a BitTorrent client, similar to Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Video’s offerings. Unlike most BitTorrent clients, Popcorn Time lets us browse movies using official Cover and Descriptions and lets us choose which resolution to watch the film in – 480p, 720p, 1080p, etc. The film will start instantly and will upload parts of the film to other Popcorn Time users in the background.
Is it illegal to use or not?
Let us keep in mind that streaming and sharing videos are always illegal if the service that uploads certain videos does not have the permission from the copyright holder. While in the UK and India we may not end up in prison for streaming a movie, we may get warning letters from our ISP, that we are infringing copyright.
ISPs will send letters to ‘infringers’, Identified by the copyright holders. If we still continue to use torrent after receiving these warning letters, we may run the risk of our ISP cutting off our internet connection.
Popcorn Time iOS devs are also displaying a disclaimer on their website with a large banner trying to warn us by saying that “Downloading copyrighted material may be illegal in your country, Use at your own risk.”. Still, after these warnings, if we think of installing Popcorn Time on our iOS device then read this tutorial below.
How To Set Up Popcorn Time iOS
- Using a PC, open browser and go to this website. Scroll down and select the iOS Beta. It’ll then give us prompt to download the installer to your PC, which will, in turn, install the app on our iPhone or iPad.
- Install the Popcorn Time iOS installer software in PC for further progress.
- Before we open the iOS Installer app, we need to have the latest version of iTunes installed and that it has permission to access our iOS device. If never used iTunes to sync the device before, open iTunes and plug device in. It’ll then ask if us to allow iTunes access to the device, we need to select yes.
- Open the iOS Installer program and connect iPhone via USB Cable.
- When prompted, unlock the iPhone and when asked if we trust this computer or not, click on trust.
- Turn on Airplane mode on the device when it will ask to do so. The installation should start. This installation may take a few seconds to a few minutes, don’t do anything until the installation has completely finished.
- Popcorn Time will be installed on our device. Then prompted to unlock the iPhone and open Popcorn Time without turning off the Airplane mode.
- Launch Popcorn Time app, a popup will appear asking whether we trust this developer of this app, tap on Trust.
- Turn off Airplane mode once the app has launched.
- If we disable Airplane mode, the app would not load. There is a workaround available, we need to do is force stop the app by double-clicking the home screen button and swiping up on the app. The next time we open it should have full access to the entire Popcorn Time library.